Implants take some time to settle, so expect to experience a little muscle pain in the back and chest. Your breasts may even feel taut.
- Get sufficient rest
- Avoid moving arms above shoulder and even sudden physical movement
- However, stay active to retrain risk of an embolism
- Gentle walk cycle or doing light household work will prevent any neck, back or shoulder aches
- Stay away from vigorous household for minimum 3 weeks
- Be careful while carrying young kids or heavy bags
Working women can return to their job in a couple of weeks. After 3 to 6 weeks all routine activities and sports can be resumed. The surgeons or nurses at Breast Augmentation Toronto clinic will remove the sutures after two weeks. If the stitches are dissolvable then there is no need to remove them.
You will need to wear surgical bras for some weeks until the surgeon approves. Choose a traditional bra without underwire because stiff wire can aggravate the incision under the breast. After a few months, you will be able to wear underwire ones. Wear a bra daily to support the breast and depress any sagging.
Breast massage includes moving implant within breast pocket. It is conducted regularly on maintenance basis. Do it as directed as this will help to maintain the softness and suppleness of the implants?
Get familiar with your breasts
Augmented breast will obviously feel different, so get familiar with them. It will help to conduct breast self-examination effectively.
Breast imaging as scheduled from a qualified technician is necessary.
Following aftercare steps will help to maintain your implants for long.